By Dick Stark
BMC began its FY19 on April 1 and held its annual sales kick-off meeting this week in Las Vegas. It was a great start to BMC’s new fiscal year!
CEO Peter Leav opened by saying that it is a phenomenal time to be at BMC. BMC grew its topline revenue in its fiscal year ending March 31, 2018. Other data points:
- P&A and SecOps merged into a single group, DSO, Digital Service Operations. Since IT Operations is broadening across the enterprise—DevOps, CloudOps, SecOps, it makes sense to focus on what really matters—security, performance, cloud, and agility. DSO focuses on all as a united group.
- Remedyforce bookings grew significantly.
- DSM (Remedy, FootPrints, Remedyforce, and Discovery) also grew significantly in the channel.
- Discovery bookings were way up.
- Federal business also had a terrific year.
A key differentiator for BMC continues to be its multi-cloud strategy. Most organizations have a mix of public and private clouds like AWS and Azure, and continue to move to the cloud in a big way. Look for a new ITSM announcement for Remedy next month about this.
BMC Discovery with its multi-cloud discovery option continues to be a big push. This helps solidly position BMC Discovery as the best discovery product in the marketplace. BMC Digital Workplace provides an employee portal/service catalog as a single pane of glass with an “Amazon” look and feel that allows employees to engage, whenever and wherever they want to work. Since DWP is relatively new, there is plenty of upside potential.
Finally, BMC motivational speaker, Peter Sheahan, author of Matter, Move Beyond the Competition and Become the Obvious Choice, summed it up this way, “In times of change and uncertainty, people will be attracted to partners with clarity, confidence, and a strong point of view.” At RightStar, we look forward to an excellent BMC FY19.